No one drifts into better dreams.
What kind of year was 2022 for you? For me, it was a crazy mix of pain, grief, growth, and progress. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a piece of work. Just ask Jesus, or my wife, Shauna, and they’ll tell you! But this past year, like pretty much every year, I have grown in leaps and bounds as a person.
Through the greatest wounds I have ever experienced, I have still matured in my faith, my hope, and my love. This can be your story too! No matter what 2023 brings, you can make 2023 your best year of personal growth ever—but it won’t happen by accident. Personal growth won’t happen TO you. It’s a path you’ll have to take on purpose.
I’ve found that one of the best tools for personal growth is doing an annual, personal, year-end review.
When God wanted to help Adam and Eve after they sinned in the garden of Eden, He asked this question: “Where are you?” (Genesis 3:9). Setting new goals and New-Years’ resolutions is great, but great goals are built on great awareness of where you are in life. And you can’t truly know where you are until you reflect on where you’ve been.
Every year for probably two decades now, I’ve walked myself through a personal Year-end-Review that I’ve honed into a powerful five-step process I want to share with you today. It’s called “Ready to Grow,” because it sets you up for success in the coming year by helping you interact with God in five critically-important areas:
- Last year’s failures and pain, so we can take responsibility and heal from our wounds
- Last year’s growth and victories, so we can celebrate our progress and build on it
- Last year’s lessons and messages from God, so we can gain His insight on our lives
- Viewing the upcoming year with faith and vision, so we can live with faith instead of fear
- Connecting the dots between the first four steps in the process to discern important patterns and themes
Imagine gaining this kind of insight on your life and distilling 4-5 big ideas so you can take those with you into 2023, to make it the best year of personal growth ever!
The good news is, I’ve packaged my “Ready to Grow” Year-End Review into one FREE PDF that you can download today, so that this week, you can start your own review and:
- Learn from last year’s mistakes
- Heal from last year’s wounds
- Gain the self-awareness you need to succeed
- Face 2023 with faith instead of fear