I’ve been a pastor for more than twenty years, which means I know a lot of dirty little secrets. One of the big kahunas?
Most Christians don’t spend regular time with God.
Some call them daily devotions, or their quiet time, or maybe God time—but the common denominator is this: Most people don’t do ’em. Or very often, at least.
Don’t get me wrong, I think most of us mean well. We want to spend time with God. It’s just that we have no idea how to do it. We crack open our Bibles, stare into space, maybe light a candle to enhance the mood… and then give up ten minutes later when nothing in particular happens.
Devotional books to the rescue?
Not spending any time with God isn’t an option, right? So we buy devotional books written by fantastic Christians to help us out. Which is awesome! I mean, hey—someone has gone through all the hard work to give us a verse to read, a few thoughts to ponder, and even a smart little prayer to pray. Budda-bing, budda-bang. I wrote a devotional book myself a hundred years ago.
But is that all there is to a relationship with God? Following in someone else’s unique footsteps and expecting them to lead us where we need to go?
Go With the Flow instead!
I want you to know that you can have epic, personal, and unique quiet times with God on a regular basis… without a devotional book on your coffee table.
Imagine an approach to your quiet time that feels like wading into a living stream. Picture enjoying a proven rhythm built right into faith that welcomes you just as you are and invites you to go with the flow instead of fighting the current. Imagine:
- Exchanging your dutiful “ought to” motive for a passionate “need to.”
- Leaving behind the lukewarm land of “want to” to explore the promised land of “love to.”
- Being washed by the grace and love of God every day.
- Pouring out your soul to God and being filled with his holy presence.
- Gaining God’s daily perspective on your relationships, your career, and your calling.
- A Bible that comes alive in your hands and shapes your life.
- Actually becoming more like Jesus Christ over time.
- Daily time with God that leaves you refreshed and focused, full of faith and peace.
- Expecting to meet with God every single day and not being disappointed.
That’s what my new ebook, Go With The Flow, does. In this short book, I’ll show you how to approach your daily time with God naturally, personally, and joyfully. You’ll learn how to embrace a beautiful current that will help you thrive in your faith and live your whole life saturated by the good news of Jesus Christ.
Experience God like never before. ‘Go with the flow’ now for only $2.99.
For Apple devices (iPad, Mac, etc):