When is “good enough” good enough?
– When the shape something takes isn’t as important as the heart going into it, and the heart is clearly in the right place.
– When “good enough” is a significant stepping stone “below par” to something better.
– When “good enough” was your best work and your best work is what’s been asked for.
– When perfection isn’t required.
– When you can answer these two questions clearly and confidently: “Good enough for what?” and, “Good enough for whom?”
When is “good enough” not good enough?
– When it’s used as an excuse of any kind.
– When it’s an expression of frustration and giving up.
– When it’s really about laziness.
– When you’ve set the bar too low.
– When it’s not an expression of our best effort.
– When we know “good enough” isn’t good enough.
– When it’s a sloppy comparison to something lesser used to get us off the hook.
– When we have to hide something to claim it’s good enough.
– When effort isn’t the measure and nothing but success will do.